Toyota Town's automotive expertise is a product of our sustained interest in industry trends and characteristics. We are privileged to share the latest news, promotions and events with you and hope the information will enhance your shopping experience. As you know, there are many new cars from which to choose, and we believe an informed customer is the best customer.
TORONTO, ON ?
In celebration of the sale of Toyota?s four-millionth vehicle in Canada, we
thought it would be fun to provide some context and perspective around how
we?ve grown since Toyota put its first ?for sale? sign on a windshield back in
Our success is due in no small part to the support and loyalty of our customers who, over the last 46 years who have travelled to the moon and back with Toyota over a million times ? literally.
Here are a few facts and figures that provide some context around Toyota?s successes since entering the Canadian market.
1. More than 1,000,000: That?s how many round trips to the moon Canadians could have made in their Toyota-built vehicles. Since our first customers took their Toyotas for a drive in the mid-1960s, Canadian owners have recorded 783,144,824,052 kilometers on their Toyota vehicles (based on annual average driving statistics). With a trip to the moon and back averaging 768,806 km, that works out to 1,040,564 memorable family vacations.*
2. More than 80: That?s the percentage of Toyotas sold in Canada in the last 20 years that are still on the road today. At Toyota, we?re pleased, but not surprised. From design and materials selection to quality manufacturing and top-rate after-sales service, we?ve worked hard to make sure that every Toyota vehicle is a quality product that will provide years and years (and years) of useful service to its owner. That?s why we?re proud that Toyota and Lexus models took top honors in seven categories in the Canadian Black Book?s 5th annual Best Retained Value Awards and that Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada earned a Gold Plant Quality Award in the 2010 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study.
3. 100: That?s the percentage of 2011 Toyota models that are standard equipped with the Star Safety System ? six active safety technologies that work together to help Toyota drivers avoid problems on the road. Toyota is the only full-line manufacturer to include, as standard on every model, these six technologies: Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Anti-lock Brake System, Electronic Brake-Force Distribution, Brake Assist, Smart Stop Technology. Toyota?s unwavering commitment to the safety of its customers will continue as the company introduces a dozen all-new or next generation models to Canada over the next 12 months including the Canadian-built, significantly refreshed Toyota Corolla - among last year?s top safety picks by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
4. More than 18,000: That?s how many Canadians work for Toyota ? either as associates at the corporate level, as team members in Toyota?s award-winning assembly plants, or as staff at more than 300 independently-owned Toyota, Lexus and Scion Dealers from coast to coast.
5. $8 billion: That?s the scope of Toyota?s investment and job creation activities in Canada ? and it continues to grow. We?re proud that as increasing numbers of Canadians have turned to Toyota, Lexus and ? more recently ? Scion for high-quality, fuel-efficient, safe and sustainable vehicles, we?ve continued to increase our investment in Canada over the years. This investment includes several manufacturing and distribution facilities from coast to coast and a cold weather testing facility.
6. 4 Million: Not only is that the number of vehicles we?ve sold, it?s also the number of vehicles built right here in Canada. We believe it?s important to build our vehicles where we sell them, which is why 50 per cent of all vehicles we sell in Canada are built in Canada ? a claim no other full-line manufacturer can make.
7. World?s largest automotive manufacturer: That?s right, Toyota was named the world?s largest automotive manufacturer for the third year in a row. A testament to the support of our customers and their passion for the vehicles they drive.
8. Almost 40: That?s the number of years we?ve been testing the performance of Toyota vehicles in cold-weather climates right here in Canada ? to ensure every vehicle is tested in the conditions Canadians drive in. Early testing began in 1972 and eventually led to the establishment of the Cold Research Centre in Timmins, Ontario in October 1998.
For a video timeline including significant milestones for Toyota Canada Inc, and for the Canadian automotive sector over the last 46 years, please visit our website at www.toyota.ca.
* Claim based on data collected by an independent automotive research company.
most magazines and websites chose cars of the year based on performance figures
and driving evaluations, Intellichoice.com looks at the overall total cost of
ownership of the vehicle over five years compared to its peers. While this may
not be as exciting as drag racing and lap times, it may be more applicable to
the average consumer.
For 2011, Intellichoice reduced the number of categories to better represent what consumers are shopping for. For example, crossover vehicles have been combined with station wagons after they found that most consumers are cross shopping what had been considered two different categories in the past. This doesn?t mean that buyers won?t find what they are looking for. Even with fewer segments, Intellichoice has still chosen 20 winners this year based on accumulated ownership and costs of depreciation, maintenance, repairs, fuel, fees, financing, and insurance.
Toyota comes out the big winner collecting 11 prestigious BOVYs. At a distant second place is a tie between Volvo and GM with two cars each. Nissan, Mini, Subaru, Honda, Audi and Honda each collected one BOVY nod.
The full list of winners is found below:
Over 800 to be hired, second shift started
CAMBRIDGE, Ontario (December 10, 2009) - Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada Inc. (TMMC) will add a second shift to build more RAV4s at its Woodstock, Ontario facility in March 2010. TMMC, which also builds the Corolla, Matrix, and the Lexus RX350, will add more than 800jobs and increase RAV4 production to 150,000 vehicles. Hiring begins this month.
Production of the RAV4 SUV began in November 2008 with one-shift and 1,200 Team Members. Toyota will now build the majority of RAV4s for the North American market in Ontario.
"Thanks to the high demand for this popular vehicle, we are able to increase production in Woodstock," said Ray Tanguay, president of TMMC. "We are very pleased to be able to continue our growth and provide jobs in the local community. This is a vote of confidence in the RAV4 product, the quality of our suppliers and the capability of our Canadian Team Members.
In addition, this move demonstrates Toyota's continued commitment to North American production and to building where we sell."
The additional 800 jobs will boost the total TMMC employment to approximately 6,500. TMMC has manufactured vehicles since November 1988 and has the capacity to build 420,000 units annually.
"I would like to congratulate Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada for this latest investment in the Woodstock, Ontario plant," said the Honourable Tony Clement, Federal Minister of Industry. "This is a strong and tangible recognition of our highly skilled workforce, our competitive business environment and that Ontario is the best place in the world to build cars."
Sandra Pupatello, Minister of Economic Development and Trade for Ontario added, "The increase in RAV4 production means the addition of a second shift in Woodstock,the creation of 800 new jobs, more work for the entire supply chain - and most importantly it means that Toyota has confidence in Ontario's workforce and business climate. We applaud the announcement made today by Toyota, and we congratulate the entire team as they continue to contribute to our province's success."
The segment-busting 2010 Toyota Venza adds new standardconvenience features to the vehicle designed for Canadian drivers
(TORONTO) - With a choice of 4-cyl or V6 and FWD or AWD,the versatility of an SUV and the comfort and drivability of a passenger car, the 2010 Toyota Venza is fresh yet sophisticated in design - leaving it in a class by itself. The latest Venza starts with an MSRP under $30,000 and includes new standard convenient and fun features.
"For 2010, all Toyota Venza models come equipped with US Baudio capability and Bluetooth® capability to make driving the newest Toyota safer and more enjoyable for today's Canadian drivers," said Warren Orton, Director at Toyota Canada Inc. "With a choice of engines and drive trains, a bold and refined design, upscale comfort and surprising versatility, the Venza delivers a mix of innovative technologies and thoughtful touches that make it stand out from the crowd. And the Venza does this in order to offer Canadian drivers the benefits of Toyota's 'more power -less fuel' philosophy and legendary Toyota quality."
All 2010 Toyota Venza models can accommodate up to five passengers or more than 70 cubic feet of cargo, making it easy for Canadians to incorporate a Venza into their busy, ever-changing lifestyles.
For maximum fuel efficiency with plenty of power, the Toyota Venza's 2.7L 4-cylinder delivers 182 peak horsepower and up to 182lb-ft of torque. Front wheel drive models deliver impressive fuel efficiency of 8.5L/100 KM (combined city/highway), while those seeking the added confidence of all-wheel-drive also enjoy impressive fuel efficiency -just 8.8L/100 KM. Either way, the 4-cylinder Venza rides on 19" all-season radials and sports a 1,134 KG (2,500 LB) towing rating.
Looking for even more power and performance? The 2010Toyota Venza is also offered in V6-equipped models that generate 268 peak horsepower, up to 246 lb-ft of torque, and a 1,587 KG (3,500 LB) towing rating,delivering fuel efficiency of 9.5L/100 KM combined for front-wheel-drive V6 models, and 9.9L/100 KM combined for all-wheel-drive V6 models. V6Venza models express their added performance by riding on 20"all-season radials and sporting dual exhaust pipes.
Regardless of engine size, the Toyota Venza is rated as aTier 2 Bin 5 vehicle for emissions performance thanks to numerous Toyota engine management technologies, such as Dual Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence and Sequential Multi port Electronic Fuel Injection. A six-speed automatic super electronically controlled transmission with overdrive, sequential shift mode, a gate-type shifter,lock-up torque converter and transmission cooler is standard on all models, delivering smooth shifts, plenty of passing power, and better fuel efficiency.
The Toyota Venza is ready for anything, with standardhandling and safety
features that include:
VehicleStability Control (VSC);
Hill-startAssist Control (HAC);
Seven airbags that form a protective cocoon (dual stage driver and
frontpassenger air bags, front seat mounted side air bags, driver
knee air bag,front and rear head/side curtain air bags);
Active FrontHeadrests with Whiplash Protection
Three-pointlap and shoulder belts for all five seating positions,
includingfront seatbelt anchor height adjusters, pre-tensioners and
Powerassisted ventilated front disc and solid rear disc brakes
enhanced withToyota's Antilock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist
(BA) andElectronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) technologies;
Highlyresponsive electric power steering;
A speciallydesigned suspension featuring front and rear
anti-vibration sub-frames and stabilizer bars;
Anchor pointsfor child seats and child protector rear door locks.
All-wheel-drive models deliver the additional confidenceof power to all
four corners, managed by Toyota's Active Torque ControlSystem.
All Venza models are equipped with generous suites ofstandard comfort,
convenience, and style features. These include:
Dual-zoneautomatic climate control with a dust/pollen/odour filter
and rear seatheater ducts;
Eight waypower adjustable driver's seat and tilting/telescoping
steeringwheel for maximum driver comfort;
A 60/40 splitrear seat with fold-down centre armrest and a
convenientremote release in the cargo area;
Power doorlocks and a power-assisted trunk closer;
Power windowswith auto up/down function on all windows;
Highvisibility LED instrument gauges, including a tachometer, dual
tripodometer, outside temperature gauge, and multi-information
An upscaleand sophisticated interior featuring chrome interior door
handles, carbonfibre-style interior trim, front doorsill trim with
aluminumaccents, illuminated entry, door courtesy lamps, and cargo
A six-speakeraudio system featuring AM/FM/CD with MP3/WMA
capability,steering wheel-mounted controls, audio auxiliary input
jack, USBaudio input (new for this year), the Automatic Sound
LevelizerSystem, Bluetooth® capability (new for this year), and
integrated XMSatellite Radio;
Plenty ofin-cabin smart storage, including a front centre console
box, frontseat back pockets, overhead sunglass storage, front and
rear cupholders, coat hooks, door map pockets, and cargo area
Front andrear splash guards;
Variableintermittent wipers, including a rear window wiper/washer
andwindshield wiper de-icer;
Poweradjustable heated mirrors;
Exteriorfinishing touches including a spoiler integrated LED
stoplamp anda chrome exhaust tip;
Projector-style halogen headlamps with the Automatic Headlamp System
Any 2010 Toyota Venza model may be ordered with a LeatherPackage, which
provides leather seat surfaces and heated front seatswith two temperature
settings. Most models may be ordered with other packagesas well, with
contents tailored to the specific model as outlinedbelow.
Toyota Venza AWD
The 4-cylinder Toyota Venza AWD may be ordered with aPremium Package. This
adds a four-way power adjustable front passenger seat,leather seat
surfaces, heated front seats, a power rear door with jamprotection, an
upgraded multi-information display with Toyotacustomizable features, a
back-up camera, a panoramic glass roof, and asophisticated interior
featuring satin mahogany woodgrain-style interior trimand a
leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.
Toyota Venza V6
A Premium Package is available for the 6-cylinder,front-wheel-drive Toyota
Venza V6. This adds a power rear door with jamprotection, an upgraded
multi-information display with Toyota customizablefeatures, a back-up
camera, a panoramic glass roof, and an anti-theft system.
Toyota Venza V6 AWD
The Toyota Venza V6 AWD may be fitted with the LeatherPackage, or a choice
of three special packages as follows:
The PremiumPackage adds a power rear door with jam protection, an
upgraded multi-informationdisplay with Toyota customizable features,
a back-upcamera, a panoramic glass roof, and an anti-theft system.
The TouringPackage features all items in the Premium Package, plus
severalcomfort and convenience upgrades. These include: four-way
poweradjustable front passenger's seat; leather seat surfaces;
heated frontseats; the Toyota Smart Key system with front door
handles thatlock or unlock via touch sensors and push button start;
chromeaccented door handles; a sophisticated interior featuring
satinmahogany woodgrain-stle interior trim, simulated leather door
trim, and aleather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob;
Auto-levellinghigh-intensity discharge headlamps featuring Toyota's
automatichigh beam system.
TheNavigation & JBL Package delivers the best of everything to the
Venza owner.In addition to the full content of the Touring Package,
this top-line package features: a JBLSynthesis audio system with
four-disc CDchanger and 13 speakers; a DVD based navigation system
withintegrated back-up camera; and XM Real Time Traffic capability.
The 2010 Toyota Venza is now on sale at Toyota Dealersacross Canada. The
4-cylinder Toyota Venza carries a manufacturer'ssuggested retail price
starting at $29,160. The 4-cylinder Toyota Venza AWDstarts at a suggested
price of $30,610. The Toyota Venza V6 starts at asuggested price of
$30,650, while the Toyota Venza V6 AWD starts at asuggested price of